Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bootmanager/sco and other os

Status
Not open for further replies.

noka

Technical User
Apr 30, 2000
DE
is it possible to install sco and other os on the same disk?<br>lilo does not work. any advise?

SCO has a built in dual boot capability. I can only speak for dos/xenix, dos/unix, and dos/openserver from my experience. Suggest you be more specific in what capabilities you want to get more specific answers. <p>Ed Fair<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Which Linux distro are you using?<br><br>When you say that Lilo doesn't work, where do you get problems?&nbsp;&nbsp;It may be the layout of your hard disk causing the problem for Lilo.&nbsp;&nbsp;It needs to find boot images below the 1024th cylinder.&nbsp;&nbsp;It may be that the part of the disk you are booting from is beyond cylinder 1024.<br><br>If you're dead set against lilo, you might want to take a look at Chos as an alternative.&nbsp;&nbsp;(RPMs available from the usual places.)&nbsp;&nbsp;If you want to go out and spend some money, I think you can still get Boot Manager with Partition Magic, but you'd need to check. <p> <br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>--<br>
0 1 - Just my two bits

i need to install sco and winnt on the same disk. lilo is not visible anymore after activating sco - partition ( first partition on the system ). activating the other partiton, lilo is not able to start sco, i do not know why, but it does not find the kernel ( not the 1024k problem ).<br>now i will try: <br>1. install nt - using first and second primary partition<br>2. install sco - using third primary partition<br>3. try to start nt at sco - bootprompt ( bootos )<br>thx<br>noka

What version of SCO Unix.&nbsp;&nbsp;Makes a difference. <p>Ed Fair<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back