Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Booting without a monitor attached...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi_imported

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2000
GB
OK, so this is more of a NT4 workstation problem that a server problem. I have an NT4 WS that needs to boot without a screen attached. However, when the OS loads it tries to redetect the video settings rather than accepting the fact that no screen is attached. Is this normal? or is my installation of the OS 'a bit dodgy'

Any help / comments would be appreciated

Hi,

Dunno if this is gonna help ya but I run a NT4box headless - controlled via Timbuktu - never had the symptoms you are experiencing - which settings is it trying to redetect? video card or monitor & what is the current setting?

Rephlex

The OS tries to redetect the video adapter. It's the only time i have every seen this problem with NT4 - so i was wondering if it was a workstation specific issue (after all, who wants to run a workstation without a screen?)

OK,

I presume first off that the video adapter is remaining in the machine, assuming this, are the correct video drivers installed?
does the same happen when it boots with monitor attached?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back