Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Booting Issues on Openstage 40 HFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonsy

Programmer
Mar 3, 2016
US
hello everyone,
----------
openstage 40 HFA
S30817-S7402-D103-25
L30250-F800-C155
-------------
I am newbie[bigsmile] and I am having issues about one of the 2 phone that I own, (above is the info) suddenly stopped working, now the phone is showing "booting" on the screen and stay there, would someone here help me about this?
how can i find what the version I have and how to change it if I have to, [bigears]
thank you in advance

screen show
"SLBL: 1.0.1.5
BOOT: SP291_MCH_U-BOOT_140313
INFO: WP2.1 INCA-IP2F V1.5 262MHz
Booting....."

alex

I presume you have removed cable(s) and plugged them in again to restart the phone

yes, many times but it stay booting. how can I flash the firmware

sbcsu -- would you can help me about this?

What you need to do is go to the 4000 site listed on many threads on here and download DERT. Load DERT on a computer, and follow the directions that should come in the zip file.

This process requires that you either have a power supply for an Optiset Analog adapter, or you have an Inline POE power injector.

Basically you statically set the IP on your computer as indicated to 192.168.99.1 with subnet 255.255.255.0 and leave the default gateway and DNS blank.

Use a CROSSOVER network cable.

If you have the Inline POE power injector connect one end of the crossover cable to the PC and one end to the IN on the power injector, then take a regular LAN cable and plug it into the OUT port on the POE power injector.

If you are using the Optiset Analog Adapter power supply plug one end of the crossover cable into the PC, and the other end into the LAN port on the phone (not the PC port in the middle).

Start DERT and turn on DHCP and TFTP

***** NOTE - I had to edit this, I made an error....

Now, and this will be a fun experience, (If you are using the POE power injector) Hold Down the 3 key on the phone and plug in the remaining end of the network cable. The diplay will light up - as soon as it says "Staring Netboot" you can let go of the 3 key. If you set everything up correctly you will see DERT download software to the phone and then it will rebooot. After it beboots it should come back up to normal. If so, you are done. It takes less time to fix the phone than to set all the crap up!!!

If you are using the Optiset power supply you have to hold the 3 key down and plug the power supply into the RJ11 power supply jack on the bottom of the phone.

Sorry for the incomplete information - I am absolutely psychotic at work lately.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Thanks Don - sorry fonsy I was away on an Install.

More details at
thread965-1761337

Thanksss guys,
I am on the way to do it, but What is the phone version that I have now, according the phone screen info showing?, sorry I want to make sure and I am newbie [bigsmile]

this is the info;

openstage 40 HFA
S30817-S7402-D103-25
L30250-F800-C155

"SLBL: 1.0.1.5
BOOT: SP291_MCH_U-BOOT_140313
INFO: WP2.1 INCA-IP2F V1.5 262MHz
Booting.....

It doesn't really matter much what version you have now. You just want to install the latest version of the HFA software.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4, Xpressions, Contact Center

ok donb01, I have some questions.

I have the computer, Inline POE power injector, CROSSOVER network cable.

I've been trying to find DERT, where can I get it? some sides iam getting error 404

DERT and other good stuff is at
Click on Guest Login
Username:hipath4000
Password:hipath4000

DERT is in the tools folder.

LoPath

LoPath took care of your DERT question - sorry, rough day in the office.

In response to your version question, that DERT will put on firmware V3 R0.18.0 I believe. It doesn't matter as much what version it puts on as much as that it will "unbrick" the phone and then you can later upgrade the software if you want once the phone is back on the network and talking.

Manitowoc, WI, USA

"Now, and this will be a fun experience, (If you are using the POE power injector) Hold Down the 3 key on the phone and plug in the remaining end of the network cable. The diplay will light up - as soon as it says "Staring Netboot" you can let go of the 3 key. If you set everything up correctly you will see DERT download software to the phone and then it will rebooot. After it beboots it should come back up to normal. If so, you are done. It takes less time to fix the phone than to set all the crap up!!!"

hi, you was saying that I have to press 3 any key on the phone, and plug in the remaining end of the network cable, WHERE??? would you explain because I am having problem setting the computer. DERT is not detecting the phone

Thank you

It depends on how you are powering the phone.

POE - hold down 3 while plugging in the Ethernet cable
Power supply - hold down 3 while plugging in the power supply

Make sure you follow the instructions for DERT. It specifies how to setup your computer.

LoPath

Thank you, everything was perfect, thanks again for your help guy

If you are using the power supply for an Openstage 40 HFA/SIP there will be an RJ11 jack on the bottom of the phone - you plug the power supply cable in there. If you are using POE then you will plug the end of the network cable in the usual network hole on the bottom of the phone - it has to be the one closest to the plastic on the phone - NOT the one in the middle.

If You can still access your company network on the computer that is running DERT, WHILE running DERT, then you have not succeeded in following the directions. You MUST statically set your PC's network connection to the IP address specified, and make the other required changes. You MUST plug the phone directly into the PCs network jack (that connection CAN include the POE injector if you're using one) - you cannot plug into a second wall jack in the same area, or any kind of switch or hub that is connected to the rest of the network. The phone has to see DERT to get its IP address and download the firmware.

I have mine set up on an old laptop that never goes on the network - I have the laptop, POE injector, crossover cable, and a short regular LAN cable in a canvas shopping bag - I jokingly refer to it as "The DERT Bag"... Somebody says they have a phone that failed I reply that I have to go get the DERT Bag. The danger of running DERT on a network connected PC that s configured to access your company network is that when you turn on the DHCP server you are broadcasting that on the network, and other PCs on the network that are just booting can get IP addresses off of your tool PC and cause lots of problems for your IT help desk!

Manitowoc, WI, USA

Hi guys, the OpenStage 40 HFA is ok now but I am having something similar with an OpenStage 15 HFA, stay in booting and booting and I will going to do the same that I did (with your help[bigsmile]),but I don't find the right version firmware.

OpenStage 15 HFA
S30817-S7401-D503-9
L30250-F600-C179

The version that has is V3 R0.18.2 HFA 14017 and I didn't see it on tonido, I just found OpenStage_HFA_V3R0.16.3_Release_Notes_V1.7_extern (1)
OpenStage_HFA_V3R0.23.0_Release_Notes_V3.1_extern

As far as I know that same version of DERT should work for all the Openstage HFA phones.....

Manitowoc, WI, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back