Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Booting Cloned RAID Array

Status
Not open for further replies.

tperk3

Technical User
Sep 27, 2002
US
Running Asus P4B533-e with 512Meg and W2k and 40 gig drive on IDE #1 (C Drive). System runs perfectly.

Enabled RAID option on MB, installed 2 identical drives, created RAID 0 array, loaded RAID driver into W2K. System runs fine, sees new RAID array as one basic disk.

If I load OS onto Raid Array, it boots and runs fine. However I don't want to reload all software. I want to clone from my C drive to the RAID array. I used Norton Ghost to make the clone and Ghost said it was successful.

However, I cannot get the cloned RAID array to boot. I can boot to C drive and look at RAID drive and it is apparent that clone was successful, but I cannot boot from the RAID array. I think it has something to do with how the RAID driver is being loaded (or not loaded) from the cloned RAID array.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back