Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bootable Cdr Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

crosstalker

Technical User
Jul 21, 2003
US
I recently made a backup copy of Windows XP Professional OS here at work. I would like to use this as part of an upcoming image rollout that I will be doing in the next week. The problem I come across is that I can't seem to make this become a "bootable" disk. Keep in mind that the machines that I will be putting this on do not have floppy drives so I can't boot off a floppy to hit the cdr disk. In otherwords, how can I make the cd ready so that when I put it in my drive and boot up the machine it starts the install process?

Email me at jody.bellizia@metriscompanies.com if you can.

Thanks,

Make sure in your BIOS on the computer that the boot order has the CDROM before the hard disk.

If it is a exact copy of the original xp cd, it should have the function to boot.

Yeah, what did you use to make the copy? Should be able to boot from that cd as long as the copy is exact.

If you're going through Hell...keep going... (Winston Churchill)
RocKeRFelLerZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back