Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bootable cd with ghost & other utilties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealer

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2001
US
Hi All,

I am trying to make a bootable cd rom that contains ghost and other utilties. I am using Nero 5.5 and have no problem making just the bootable cd rom. The problem is that when I add the differnt folders that contain the utilties I cannot see them when booting from the cd rom into dos. It seems that I can see them from inside windows. Does anybody have any idea of what I may be doing wrong.

Thanks
Stealer

depends what version of Dos you are booting into, older versions of dos wil have problems reporting folders with a name longer then 8 characters.

Hi Stealer
I duno about nero but roxio takes the information that would normaly be put on to a bootable floppy and converts it to two binary files on the cd-rom.

When you boot from the cd-rom this info is treated as drive a:
Your floppy becomes drive b:
The rest should be obtainable from your normal cd-rom drive letter if you put your cd-rom drivers into your boot info

A.T.B. Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back