Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

boot using usb

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcLara

Technical User
Dec 7, 2001
US
i have a computer that does not have a floppy drive but it has usb ports. i also have a usb floppy drive and a usb cd-rom drive. i just need to boot in dos mode with a win98 floppy using a usb floppy drive. any help would be appreciated

That will only work if the USB is bootenabled in the BIOS, if applicable

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

The restriction will be if the BIOS allows USB devices to be bootable. Did the USB floppy drive came with the computer/notebook?

Right after the P.O.S.T. has started you will see a statement similar to Press Del to enter Setup, or it may be F1, F2, F10, etc.

You may have to press Esc, Tab, of F1 to clear the company logo first.

Then usually on the second choice in the BIOS menu you will find the Boot Sequence entries, change them to what you need. USB may be a choice if the BIOS is new enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back