Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Boot Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcomputer

Technical User
Dec 6, 2002
US
My Stats
DFI MotherBoard AD77 Infinity
512 PC 2700 Samsung
GF4 ti4800 Gainward 8X AGP
Athlon 2100XP+ w/ ThermalTake Volcano 9
400 Watt power supply

OK, Heres my problem.. about 1 in ten times can I get my computer to boot successfully. When I hit the power button everything fires up, just not the BIOS, POST, Ect. Now I have tried two motherboards, two power supplys, two video cards, three kinds of memory, two monitors, I have done just about everything. I cant figure it out. Any comments would be appreciated.

Faulty switch? bad grounding in the case? try it outside of the case and see if it does the same

Thank you BuckEyE for your response

I have thought of this, since it is the only thing left to troubleshoot . :) I have seen a faulty case ground render everything useless in a computer before. I have had this Antec 1040 case for about two years now.. Me personally I am betting on the power switch, but I will try both troubleshooting recommendations. Once again thank you..
TPinky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back