Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Boot problems when adding a new hard drive for the Media Manager to work with IPOSE 12.O 1

William C290

Technical User
Jul 25, 2024
JO
Hello.

I have installed the IPOSE 12.0 system on VMWare with sda hard drives, which has been working fine.
I just added a 2nd drive, (sdb, 300GB), for call recording.
After the ignition process, format the hard drive and partition, and reboot the server after the initial configuration is successfully done, the system won't boot and stays in emergency maintenance mode. (boot from sdb)
When removing the additional hard drive, the system boots correctly.

What's the best way around problems like this? There should be an accepted way to add a new hard disk to a system without causing problems.

check the disk boot order from the VM setting.
check the port 7071 settings >> additinnal hard drive section >> reformate and remount it.
you will need some linux command on the SE to default the boot to be from sda.

@M_A: I need this Linux command to correct the boot, I have do my research on Google but I don't understand well or have what I do exactly in sequence

try first, remount the sdb and reformate it.
then try this link

check this.

have you respect the procedure:
1. On a client computer, browse to https://:7071 inthe browser.
2. Enter the User Name and Password for the administrator account and click Login.
3. Select Settings > System.
4. Scroll down to the Additional Hard Drive Information settings.
5. Select the Activate check box.
6. In the Mount Point Path enter a mount path for the additional drive.• The default recommended value is /additional-hdd#1. When you add a harddrive using that path, a partition with the path /additional-hdd#1/partition1 isautomatically created for Media Manager.• The path is used by setting it as the Media Manager application’s Call Storage Path(Applications > Media Manager > Configuration).
7. If the disk is new and does not contain any existing call recordings, then under FormatHard Drive select Enable.Warning:• Do not format an existing drive that contains call recordings. Doing so will erase allexisting call recordings without any option to recover those recordings.
8. Click Save.Next steps•

Check that the Media Manager service is running. See Starting the Media Managerservice

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back