Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

boot on san hangs led 0569

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexia32

Technical User
Jul 31, 2007
NZ
Hello
I am installing aix & vio server on boot san using NIM rte or mksysb image .
The installation or restore NIM works perfectly at the end of the install/restore it performed the reboot and stay on led 0569

The filesets sddpcm are on the nim lpp and are assigned to the node as a bundle.
I tried so many things and just it didn;t work.

Any idea what could be the issue..?

Cheers
Al

If I recall correctly, 569 indicates its scanning the bus for disk devices. If you have san hooked up and the allocation is fubared in some way, it may be seeing the disk, knows the disk "belongs" to it, but the disk is otherwise not ready.

Quick test would be to remove the fibre cables and reboot. If it comes up, then you need to look at the san config.

Add a little color to your PUTTY terminal: faq52-6627

Thanks
I will do this on monday. Unplug the fibers cable from the pseries and plug it back and power on and see if it will continue the reboot and not hang.
I'll let you know

Thanks again
Al

FYI, for 0569 I found:

FCS SCSI Protocol device is being configured.

So try without the SAN attachment as sbrews said.

I was able to fix it. The problem comes only mpio is supported so I have been able to restore the OS without the sddpcm and reconfigure it.

Cheers
Al

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back