Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Boot Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGC

Vendor
Mar 19, 2000
US
Does anyone know of a shareware program to add my company logo to the boot post?&nbsp;&nbsp; <p>R & G Computers<br><a href=mailto:rafales@carnegienet.net>rafales@carnegienet.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

hi.<br>my humble suggestion. ( to save your money also ) ^_^<br><br>Pls note. This method only for Win 95 and Win 98( 1st edition)<br><br>have the company logo created in Bitmap( BMP ) format.<br>Search for the file logo.sys in C:\Windows<br>Delete this file.<br><br>Now, remember the company bitmap file created?<br>rename this *.bmp file to &quot;logo.sys&quot; (without the quotes).<br>Place the newly created logo.sys into C:\Windows<br><br>Reboot the system. U should see your company logo.<br><br>chip ;)<br><A HREF="mailto:chiploon@singapore.com">chiploon@singapore.com</A>

Actually &quot;logo.sys&quot; is found in the root of C: and not in the windows directory.<br><br>I would also recommend renaming the original logo.sys instead of deleting it. This way, if you ever want to return to the original logo, it's much easier.

logo.sys, logos.sys, logow.sys I think there at the most 3, must be no more than 16 colors I think and cannot take up more than 64K of memory. <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VJ++6(starting),VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML, ASP(somewhat), QBasic(least i didnt start with COBOL)

Thanks but, I'm not trying to change Windows boot logo. What I am looking for is a Bio's boot logo program. FIC has one called NOVOS. I want to add my campany logo to the Bio's boot like IMB & COMPAC does. So that the first thing my systems do is show Co. logo and boots. <p>R & G Computers<br><a href=mailto:rafales@carnegienet.net>rafales@carnegienet.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Eh, that would be very hard to do, you would have to flash your bios, and even if you managed to find a program that could possible change the display of the logo of the BIOS image, it would be written in assembly, and if you find anything like that I would STRONGLY advise that you do not do this. <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VJ++6(starting),VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML, ASP(somewhat), QBasic(least i didnt start with COBOL)

I remember I ever come across certain brand of M/B used to come with a utility that you can let add your company logo in the Bios... just can't seems to remember which brand was that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back