Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

boot directly in to citrix published desktops??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nath01

Technical User
Apr 13, 2004
GB
how can i do this?

i have a load of windows XP pcs, i want them to boot directly in to Citrix and the published desktop i have, i dont want the users to have to boot up, log in then connect to citrix to get there desktops.

whats the best way to do this?

Instead of changing the OS on the machine you could:

1. Download and Install TweakUI. This allows you to configure the PC to auto-login as a pre-determined user

2. As this user configure your Published App in the Citrix client.

3. Create a Desktop Shortcut for your app and copy it in to the Start Menu / Progs / Startup folder for that user.

Now on a reboot it will login as user X and execure the Startup/PubApp.lnk and launch in to Citrix.

The only thing to be aware of is that local user authentication in to the Citrix session is off.

If you go out an buy Terminals with Win XP Embedded installed this is the method they all use.

Mike

Remember - There is always another way..........I just haven't found out what it is yet!

[yinyang]

You can also set your XP clients to run a specific app defined in a GPO or local machine policy, this way when the user quits the Citrix session they are automatically logged off the XP client.

You are saying you don't want a user account/password on the XP client or on the Citrix server? I am going to assume I am reading this wrong and the users will have a login/password on the XP client. If this is the case, just configure pass-thru authentication so the users account info will be picked up from the XP client and used to automatically log into the Citrix session.

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford

Nick Soefje

nath01,
Shelaunch is another application that will let you change the shell on your Windows workstation.
It will actually present a "Connection Manager" screen instead of the regular Windows shell.

That way the end-user only sees the configured ICA or RDP connections.
The app is called "SheLaunch".
You can find it on Thomas Koetzing's site or
Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back