Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

boolean field problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannG

Programmer
Jan 9, 2003
RO
Hy,
Few days ago I posted a Q about dataform wizard. I worked around on this problem.
Still I dont' know where is the problem,but..
I simplified the problem:

2 tables related.
One table,master table has a column that is declared bit type in Sql Server 2000(boolean). It doesnt' matter if it has or not a default property. The child table its not important.
When I try to use the Data wizard to make a form the problem appear.
If I try to introduce in form that field, the form for new record(add new) doesnt' work properly. I'm not able to add new records. If I do not introduce that fild the form work properly.
More precisely:
1. If the field has default value, the form will not work ven if you have a bound control to this field or not.
2. If the field has a default value and do accept nulls the form will work but the field has null value in database in newly introduced field, even if it has true value(1) or false value(0) as default. Condition: you cannot bound controls to this field(I try only checkbox control) otherwise the form will not work.
3. If I delete the field from table, the form will work.

In dataset I have only one table: master table

I try the same wizard on Products table in Northwind(has a boolean field-Discontinued). The resulting form work perfectly well.
where I'm wrong?
What I have to do to make the form to work with this field?
Any ideas? Please help!
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back