Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Books I bought today for A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

yvohath

Technical User
Jun 27, 2005
US
With the advice and help of this forum -the helpful wizards stepping in to offer help to a newbie or sorts, I bought:

ISBN:007223119X
Mike Meyers' A+ Guide to PC Hardware Michael Meyers, Scott Jernigan (Paperback, 2004)

and
ISBN: 1-40185-2300
A+ Guide to PC Hardware Maintenance & Repair (Paperback)

I have decided to target one Exam at a time- I Will do hardware first them OS.

I bought two separate books to get two separate ideals and inputs. I know Mike Meyers is a Notorius Genius in the PC Hardware Realm so, I bought from his line as well as buying from another IT Guru Michael Graves. I have not seen much mention of his name around here but after stumbling across one of his book, I have researched him, he is an IT teacher as well as a bigshot for HP Printers and a Technician and Network Engineer for Compaq Servers .

I have read the reviews on many many books, authors and made my decision based on economics, quality vs. quantity and reputation. I hope I made a wise choice.

The reason why I went with the Michael Graves book is because it is supposed to go into detail in the area of moving and storing data, networking computers, and remote communications.

After I finish with the two books names above I am going to buy The 80/20 Guide To Acing The A+ Exams (Paperback, 2004)
Author: Jean Andrews Format: Paperback
ISBN: 0-61928-8507
June 2004
Publisher: Course Technology Ptr
219 pages

After more research and reading reviews this books offers test pitfalls and 40% off testing fee.

Any comments? For my selections?

Yvonne

yvohath,

Your book choices are probably good ones, but I wouldn't make purchases based on bundling with discount vouchers.

offers CompTIA vouchers for $99.00 each (32% off of retail), and they frequently have better, "clearance" prices on vouchers that will expire within 1-2 months.

Your book choices and your vouchers need not be bundled together to get the best deal.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

I agree with what your saying about the bundling, However, in this case- the exam voucher was a bonus. The book by Jean Andrews is 200 + Pages of exam pitfalls and cramming.

The 40% Off was just a bonus. A nice bonus. And, I have bought the first two, I have not bought that one yet, I Will wait until I am close to being finished with the 2nd book. Maybe I Will find something different.

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back