Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Booklet Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchbeav

Technical User
Sep 11, 2002
US
I am doing a 40 page book. I have it set up using 81/2 x 11 size paper, fine outcome 11 x 17. The pages are in the correct order from 1-40. I want it printed booklet style. When I do the booklet option it screws up my pages so that page 3 is facing page 12. How do I fix this? Do I have to reorder my pages?

Secondly, I have two maps in the document that are 11 x 17 so I have them placed over two 81/2 x 11 facing pages. What is the correct way to do this?

Are you intending to print this booklet yourself or have it done by a commercial printer? If having it printed externally, check with your printer if they would prefer to do the imposition rather than yourself. You will probably find that most would prefer to do it.

However, if you intend printing it yourself, then yes, you will need to do the imposition using the Build Booklet plugin if you are duplex printing your 8.5x11" pages to 11x17" paper. You should not have to reorder your pages for this to be done correctly.

However, I don't know enough about doing this to offer any further suggestions, and hopefully someone far more knowledgeable will reply to your question.

If the doc is going to a commercial printer, I second what Eggles said.. most competent printers would prefer to impose the document themselves, they have professional software dedicated to this task. IMHO PM's 'booklet' feature is a bit weak.

To impose the booklet, first you need the doc created with 8.5 x 11" pages. The document has to be have a total number of pages that are divisible by 4. Open Utilities>PlugIns>Build Booklet... select 2-up saddle stitch. You should be all set. Let us know how this works. When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back