Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

booklet printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

CARLBOSS

MIS
Sep 17, 2009
FR
I use Indesign CS2 on a G4 Mac with a Xerox phaser DN7700. I am trying to print an A5 booklet, as an Indesign file or as a PDF. Either way the reverse side comes out upside down. I think I've tried all the zig zag layouts in the adobe layout options.
I have succeeded in the past but can no longer remember how I did it. Can anybody give me a step-by-step. I'm wasting paper and toner.

Eugene i've checked the binding options and layout 'til I'm gibbering - my question is what are the settings needed to print a 52 page booklet from either a PDF or an Indesign doc.
Should for instance a PDF be single pages or running spreads as opposed to printers spreads. I'm printing on A4 paper. landscape to give me 2 A5 pages per sheet (4 including the backs). And I want it backed up the proper way round - not upside down on the reverse side.

You should run the pages in order from 1 - whatever.

Not as 16,1; 2,15 etc.

The print booklet will work as long as your document is in multiples of 4, i.e., 32 pages is fine but 30 or 34 is not.

And the orientation of the print relies on your printer settings, so make sure you check your printer for duplex options and for binding options. On a printer I have I have to set it up to Duplex in the Printer Dialog box and then also change the binding to left binding rather than top binding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back