Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Book Search - Oracle OWB and OBIEE

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrs4me

MIS
May 26, 2010
US
Hello everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this.

I am new in the DBA role having promoted into it internally. Part of what I inherited is a complete OWB system that feeds into OBIEE. We are on a tight budget at the moment and I have been told that I won't be able to take any formal training on this, but that I still need to learn how to do everything. To date, when something fails I have called the consultant that helped set this up, but that is being pulled from me as well. What I need is a good book that details the Oracle side of things on this. I need to understand all that Oracle does from a process perspective. We are on version 10.2.0 for OWB, but the database is running on 11.1.0.7. On the OBIEE side things it looks like we are on 10.1.3 for obiee, but 10.2.0 for the client and the database is again 11.1.0.7. Don't know if that helps or not. I almost feel like I need a Dummies book for this, but haven't found one yet. [bigsmile]

Any suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back