Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Book(s) for CCIP - QoS Exam 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

abidg

ISP
Jul 9, 2002
GB
Hello,

I am about to start with my CCIP-QoS preparation and was wondering about the best book for this purpose. I came across the QoS Exam Certification Guide (2nd Edt) but was not sure as I have found these exam certification guides to skim on essential elements of any technology/solution.

I therefore wanted to know if there is any other book except the one mentioned above, which I could use both for the exam and for learning purposes.

Regards.

The QOS Book by Wendell Odom is the best Exam Cert Guide I've read to date. I highly recommend it. In fact it's the one refuse to share at work.

I took the QoS test about 6 months after ONT too, so had a lot of overlap, but Wendell's book to me easily covered all of the QoS topics for both exams.

Thanks Lerdalt.

I will surely consider your recommendation. Just one thing before I go for it - has it got lab based scenarios and configuration examples.

Regards.

I can't remember exactly. I had lots of hands on experience with queuing and shaping. I usually end up making my own labs up. The one I did specifically for policing was easy. 2 routers with p2p t1 between them. Setup a policy so that packets above a certain size were dropped. Would then setup from windows 2 continuous ping sessions, one with regular size packets the other above what I set. Would then watch the response times for both and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back