Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Book recommendation for technically challenged beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

stsuing

Programmer
Aug 22, 2001
US
My wife is just starting on photoshop. She is using the adobe book and is finding it too confusing and is having a hard time learning from it. She needs a book that starts at the ground level of graphic design and works simple examples in photoshop. Like drawing a straight line.

Can someone recommend a book.

Thanks

Personally I would start by using the Photoshop tutorials that can be found on the software - if you find these too confusing, then try to do a search online for tutorials using Photoshop (there's millions of them for even the simplest of tasks, just do a google search).

If that becomes too difficult, I would suggest perhaps going to a Barnes & Noble, Waldenbooks or Amazon - and perhaps looking for Photoshop for Beginners (not to sound rude, but only helpful because it does work from what I hear, but Photoshop for Dummies) is a great source.

Good Luck

There is a great website for training like this, lynda.com. For $25/month, you have access to probably a thousand hours of training (broken into many 3 to 20 minute Quicktime movies) in dozens of applications. Photoshop alone has a many of hours of training, from the very basics up to power user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back