Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Book Recommendation for newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brambojr

Technical User
Oct 26, 2000
US
Hello,

I am doing what I can to learn about Access and VBA (mainly for Access purposes). Can anyone recommend a good solid book for someone not steeped in programming to get up and running in VBA for Access. Also is there a resource somewhere that lists all VBA commands with their function and their syntax? I would love to have this in printed form.

Please help, and responses are welcomed.

I use a book frequently as I am also learning Access "on-the-job". The book is called "MS Access 97 Bible" and it is published by IDG Books. It is a very useful source for access and some rudimentary VBA modules.

Hope this helps.

a book i have found really good is 'running microsoft access 2000'.

The quickest and easiest one that got me going with VBA is called "Microsoft Access/Visual Basic, Step By Step", by Evan Callahan. It's put out by Microsoft Press and the ISBN number is 1-55615-890-4.

For entry level reading, I'd recommend :
Access97 Visual Basic Step By Step
Its published by Microsoft Press.
It is the best way to gradually ease yourself into using
VBA. I also use Access 97Bible as mentioned in the previous post. It goes into almost every aspect of access97 but rarely mentions any VBA.
It is invaluable for learning the core Ideas of Access
(ie..tables, forms, properties, macros etc...)

Step by step is a good book for moving forward into VBA.

Try introduction to Programming using VBA by James Bates. It is available via Kendall-Hunt publishers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back