Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Book PC won't wake up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repairs

Technical User
Feb 20, 2001
US
I have a customer whom put thier BookPC (i810) asleep (accidentally) and I haven't been able to ressurect it. tried all the repoove batteries, no power for 48 hours, etc etc --- Looking for the "correct" key to press when pressing the power button. Tried the pgup/pgdn like on the Alton MB products.... no help.

Thanks for your continuing support.

try removing all power connectors to motherboard, jumpering to re-load BIOS for a minute or so and then return the jumper to normal position and re-boot. That will re-load BIOS.

I have the same problem however after the CMOS was reset It worked, so I went through the motions of reseting the CMOS. On the next reboot, power lights and HD lights but no video, no beeps nothing. Going to try the 48 hours then clearing the CMOS again.

Although there is some slight differences on how it occured. During normal use (ie browsing the internet) the screen would blank out and the computer would start beeping at steady interverals.

I'm thinking a burnt MotherBoard.

I'm not a Tech head so please write in laman terms. :)

and if preferable E-mail respose to ccaron@cybercaron.com

Thanks for everything

I have the same problem however after the CMOS was reset It worked, so I went through the motions of reseting the CMOS. On the next reboot, power lights and HD lights but no video, no beeps nothing. Going to try the 48 hours then clearing the CMOS again.

Although there is some slight differences on how it occured. During normal use (ie browsing the internet) the screen would blank out and the computer would start beeping at steady interverals.

Thanks for everything

Thanks for everything

Thanks for everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back