Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Book Marks with Frames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koolaid99

MIS
Mar 19, 2002
US
Right now I have 3 frames. To describe it there is a list of Employee locations in the left frame. When a named is clicked on the middle frame changes to show that persons picture and phone ext and e-mail address. Well the list is long and I wanted to use the top frame to list sections and when I click on it move to the coresponding section in the employees list. I tried creating bookmarks in the left frame but can't get the top frame to have hyperlinks to move the certain bookmarks in the left frame. Is there a way to do this? I'm using FrontPage version 2002.

Thanks,

_________
| |___1__l
| | l
| 2 | 3 l
| | l
|__|_____l

(Looks a little messed up *Shrug*

Ok, I'm better with pictures =)

Frame 1 says
Outside Sales Inside Sales Counter Sales

Misc Contacts MIS Dept. Managment

Frame 2 is 1 huge long list that anyone could scroll through looking for employee's. Its also catagorized by the above.

Frame 3 is a new page for each time someone clicks the name on the employee list.

My problem is bookmarkings in Frame 2 are not able to be linked by clicking the hyperlinks in frame 1. So if I wanted to see/contact the MIS Dept. I would click that in frame 1 and frame 2 would jump down to the MIS Section, but still be able to scroll up and down.
Thanks,

(oops you can have bookmarks over frames)
you want to have your links jump to bookmarks on multiple pages... :)

theres 2 ways

way 1.
main html file
1 is employee list
employee is loaded into 2
_________
| | l
| | l
| 1 | 2 l
| | l
|__|_____l

html file for each employee