Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bone Conduction Headset for 6416D+M?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coycarsten

Technical User
Jan 25, 2018
US
Does anyone have any experience/suggestions for attaching a bone conduction headset to an Avaya 6416D+M phone? Most bone conduction headsets I can find are Bluetooth which of course the 6416 doesn't support. I've considered swapping the phone to a Bluetooth capable VoIP phone, but the phone calls are recorded by splitting the wires to a recording system.
I've looked into a Jabra Link 950 with their Jabra Link 370 Bluetooth adapter, but I've been told they would only work with Jabra approved headsets.

If there is a special need for that type of headset, how about using a softphone application (One-X Communicator or One-X Agent) on a PC and attach the Bluetooth headset there?

There is a special need for a bone conduction headset. The person has a hearing disability that requires their ear canal be open, not closed off to the open air, so a typical headset won't work.
They are part of a small, about 12 other phones, call taking queue that all utilize the same model phone which are all connected to a central call recording system. I can't migrate this person's phone to a softphone without losing that ability to record to the existing system.

I am NOT suggesting you should purchase these specific items. I am only offering them as examples of the type of headset and adaptor you can look for. Obviously you need to verify compatibility.

Another, outside-the-box option could be two phones: one to provide audio and compatibility with the headset and a 6416 that is wired for recording. Put a bridged-appearance on the 6416 so the user can use the headset on one phone while the other phone records. It's a two-step process that requires the user to engage the recording, however.

I don't know how you are splicing wires but perhaps you can create an adaptor for an updated phone?

... And you probably can't convince anyone to purchase a different recording solution, right? Any solution that requires splicing wires doesn't sound like a good idea. That is just my opinion, so take it for what it is worth (not much).

Good luck. Sorry I don't have a real solution for you.

Thanks Zero!
Those Amazon links are a possibility that I'll have to checkout further.

I'm not sure if the two phone option would work because of the way the user has to sign into the ACD queue, but I'll investigate.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back