Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bolding text in Outlook 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terkle

Technical User
Jul 22, 2007
Hi there
I'm putting some text into an email from an Access form and want to bold some of it but I can't find anything anywhere about how to do this. For example, if I have the Subject line with text to go into it that reads "File Request", is there any way I can enter code into the form so that this text appears bolded in the subject line in Outlook.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Terk

I don't think you can natively embolden the subject text of an e-mail using Outlook.

HarleyQuinn
---------------------------------
The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up there's no law against wacking them around a little. - Joe Martin

Get the most out of Tek-Tips, read FAQ222-2244 before posting.

For the message body, ensure it is set to HTML, and then add <b> and </b> around the text.

However, I don't think you can do this in a subject line, as they only accept plain text entries - I occasionally get emails with HTML code in the subject line that (at least in my version of outlook) appears visible.

It may also break anyone using webmail.

SeeThru
Synergy Connections Ltd - Telemarketing Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back