Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bold text in StringVar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shtinky

MIS
Nov 14, 2003
US
Hi, Crystal 8.5/Interbase

Formula:
StringVar Str;
Str:= {COMPANY_INFO.NAME} + CHR(13)+CHR(10);
Str:= Str + {COMPANY_INFO.ADDRESS_1} + CHR(13)+CHR(10);
Str:= Str + {COMPANY_INFO.CITY} + ', ' + {COMPANY_INFO.PROVINCE} + ' '+ {COMPANY_INFO.POSTAL_CODE};
Str;

Is there a way to make {COMPANY_INFO.NAME} bold?

I tried crbold({COMPANY_INFO.NAME}) and I get the error:
"Too many arguments have been given to this function"

Any help or hints would be much appreciated. Thank you for reading my post.

Shtinky

The whole approach would be better served to right click the details section and select insert section below 2 times and insert each field on it's own details section. The City, state zip could be dropped into a text object to provide the same formatting without a formula, then select the suppress blank section for each of the details sections. This is the standard approach to doing addresses and would allow for formatting each field/formula as you see fit.

Your approach is more consistent with old mainframe techniques.

If you insist on using your means to do this, then you might embed HTML formatting in the formula and then right click the formula on the report canvas and select Format Field->Paragraph->Text Interpretation-HTML

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back