Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOLD specific field value fails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickinrsm

Technical User
Nov 3, 2004
US
For some reason for which I can't figure out, this report field code fails to set properties to bold.
It works in other reports.

All of the paths, etc. are correct. What am I missing here? I can't figure it out.

Code:
IIF(search([:WORK:DESERT.SellName],"RE/MAX REAL EST CONSULTANTS")=1, [:WORK:DESERT.SellName],"")

Gads!

Rick

All that code does is set a value ("[:WORK:DESERT.SellName]") to display, or blank.

You'd need to have the [field] object bolded. It would then display in bold. And, of course, nothing would display if the condition wasn't met.

Tony McGuire
"It's not about having enough time. It's about priorities.

Hi Tony . . .

Code:
IIF(search([:WORK:DESERT.SellName],"COLDWELL BANKER NRT")=1, [:WORK:DESERT.SellName],"")

This code is exactly the same in the same Path/Directory, etc., and it works fine.

I have this calculated field in about 25 separate reports and none of them are set to bold. Just a differnt color depending on the client.

There must be some stupid thing I've done but I can't see it. Arrrrrrrrrrggggggggggg . . .

Thanks Tony . . .

That code does NOT set the field value to bold.

It only makes the data display - or not.

That is ALL it does.

If you set the field object's text to bold, what difference do you get?

If the value isn't displayed, there is no text - bold or not.

If the value is displayed, the text appears - in bold.

= = = = = =
"Just a differnt color depending on the client."

In a report? How are you accomplishing that?
= = = = = =

Tony McGuire

Tony,

This calculted field is placed directly on top of the [SellName] field in the record band of the report.

That way, it doesn't block out the rest of the hundreds of [SellName] values in the report that DON'T match the one in the calculated field.

It was soley my mistake bringing in the word Bold here. It really isn't bold. The font property is just a different color, lets say blue for Coldwell Banker and Red for Re/Max.

So, each time the matching value in the calculated field is true, it priints it in color directly over the normal matching value in the [SellName] field.

Thats how I'm accomplishing it.

Darn, I hope I'm explaining this correctly Tony.

Thanks much . . . Rick

And how are you getting the field to print in a particular color?

What if you select a color that the 'normal' printing of the field overwrites with whatever color it normally prints as?

So, if you pick blue, and that underlying field prints in black, wouldn't it come out black?

To go any further, I think you should explain in great detail how you accomplish, and what it is you are accomplishing.

One field on top of another causes both fields to print, unless you are doing more than you've said.

Tony McGuire

Might I suggest you copy that field to another location, and see what it actually prints/displays - if anything?

It could be as simple as your string not matching exactly with the field value.

You might also change the '=1' to '>0' and see if that helps.

Tony McGuire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back