Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bogen Zone Paging 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

COMTECTECH

Technical User
Aug 2, 2005
Hey Guys,

This really pissed me off today. Heres the Setup

BCM 4.0
Bogen TIM
Bogem CPU
Bogen ZPM

Cut over BCM from a workin Avaya Partner System ( paging work fine )

Paging on BCM. Hooked on page port. So I do a feature 62 to access paging but cannot access the zones 01 or 02 ( two zones_) Again this works on the Avaya system. So I got it working after setting up of a availble trunk. My question is does any body have this set up. Why doesnt the bogen pick up my zones ( DTMF) ? I put my test set at the tip and Ring that goes into the TIM and I could hear myself and my digits.

Let me know if you guys need info. I know next time I wont have a trunk to get it going.

Tim

what do you get with FTR 630 ?

It's only dialtone-VZ

The TIM has dip switches to set it to interact with a trunk port, analog station port or a PBX paging port.

See what you were using off the AVAYA and match it or reset the dip switches on the TIM to integrate with your paging port interface.

For details on the TIM go to bogen.com

On a BCM and Norstar the page zones only work paging the phones. You would need a trunk port to do external zones. This is so you can pass DTMF.the external page port on the BCM is only tip & ring.

Well. I have this same set up on another bcm400.

When I do a Feature 62 I should get a tone then the TIM should wait for the zone entry. But it did not work. On the avaya it works but not on the norstar. I TIM dip switch settings on set to accept the page port. I dont know hopefully next I will be able to test in the lab.

Tim

If you press Feature 62, you won't get any tone back from the page unit. Page ports are outbound only. As cook said, use a trunk port. Put that trunk in it's own pool, assign an access code to that pool then dial that access code to page.

You can also program the line as public and assign it to a button for direct access.And if the line is not where you want it you can move it by pressing feature *81.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back