Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bogen UTI1 wiring to Valcom 1030B

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglepromos

Technical User
Jun 14, 2016
US
Hello, I have an existing Nortel MICS system with a Bogen UTI1 that I need to wire to a Valsom 1030B horn. The Valcom Horn has the following GREEN, RED, WHITE & BLACK and the Bogen has TIP, RING, ( + ) & ( - ).

Thank you for any help

Two different systems.
Bogen sends voltage and audio signal down the same pair of cable like a telephone where Valcom use one pair for each.
I dont think you will get it to work.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Have you not tried to wire it as you see it? I am wondering now.

Bogen T & P would go to Red and Green and + and - would go to Black and White

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

The +- on the UTI1 is 24vdc which can be used to power powered speakers such as the Valcom 1030B.

Wire as Curly says. Be sure of the yel/blk polarity.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back