Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bogen UTI 312 issue integrating with other Viking equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripoth

Technical User
Jun 10, 2002
US
Equipment in play...

Viking FXI-1A
Viking FBI-1A
Bogen UTI 312

Paging is using an analog station port.
Goes into the FXI on the 1 and 2 terminals.
The 3 and 4 terminals on the FXI wire into the 1 and 2 terminals on the FBI
The 5 and 6 terminals on the FXI wire into the 5 and 6 terminals on the FBI
The 3 and 4 terminals on the FBI are wired into the Trunk/page port on the UTI on the middle pairs of an RJ11 plug
The 8 and 9 terminals on the FBI are wired into the rj11 plug on the external pins(where black and yellow would be wired)
The RJ11 from the FBI is plugged into the trunk/page port on the UTI. The switch is set for page port and the other switch is set to CONT

I am getting the paging coming out over a butt set from the FBI unit, but nothing is going through the UTI

Anyone have any ideas about what I might be missing?

The analog station port, is it programmed as a loudspeaker, standard telephone, or IVR port?

Do you get waveoff from the IPO when you dial the paging code?

Do you need all of the functions of the FXI-1A, or is it just to interface the IPO to the rest of the equipment?

Asking how they have the port programmed now.

Not an IPO, but a Cisco.
Page goes through to the FBI unit.
I get the confirmation tone, I see the FBI unit recording, and then I see it activated to send the page out. I can hear the page out on my butt set before it hits the UTI312

Problem is people are not hanging up the phone after they page and busying out the paging port. They have 7 zones here. All would be right with the world if I could place a FBI unit on the other side of the UTI for each zone, but the client does not want to buy 6 more FBIs.
If someone does not hang up correctly, the trunk port will not disconnect and the FBI just keeps recording.
That is why the client is moving to a station port so the phone system can control the disconnect or the FXI will.
Anyway, we need the FXI to interface between the station port and FBI.

Sounds like you need a Viking CPC box in the mix there too.

It is just programmed as a station port.

people are not hanging up the phone after they page and busying out the paging port.

It is just programmed as a station port.

So they dial the extension number of the paging port, it rings ones, the FXI-1A answers and connects the caller to the FBI-1A to record their page. They aren't hanging up after recording their page.

Can't fix people with technology!!

But,
Switch 4 ON enables Vox Mode
Set the Silence Time Out POT (3rd down from top) to 2.5 seconds
Set the Page Time Out POT (2nd down from top) to the maximum time you would like to have for paging

Question - since the FBI is recording the page before it plays back into the UTI, how is the zone selected?

You would think grown adults would be able to hang up a phone, right? :)

We were testing out the station port instead of a trunk port scenario. It works all the way through the FXI and FBI, but the UTI does not seem to register anything or send the page. Some setting on the UTI must be incorrect with the setup I am using above.

Currently, they are using a trunk port. They are dialing a different extension number for each paging zone.
Very good and obvious question though. If they switch over to an analog station they might not be able to utilize page zones.
They just might have to get an FBI after the UTI for each zone. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back