Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOE XI single sign on with AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 27, 2004
IE
Hello

We have followed the instruction to set up SSO with AD and XI including the extra steps found in kb article c2017281 on the BO web site. However we cannot get it to seamlessly log on from a URL e.g. //servername/businessobjects/enterprise11/infoview/logon.apsx

instead we get the logon screen. If we leave username and pwd blank with Windows AD set as Authentication it does go on to log in correctly.

Can anyone advise as to what is required to complete the SSO setup?

thanks

Splitthird

Patch has not resolved this for me.

my problem is excatly as per your orig post ??

any other ideas

hi all,

the answer is..

Hot fix and a web.config file change.

the real key or missing item I think was the placement of the "add key " items and the add key for SSO enabled.

Below is the reply I got from BO.

all the best.

* BusinessObjects Enterprise XI

Hot Fixes or Service Packs address this issue as indicated below. After applying the update, complete these steps:

1. Open the web.config file that is located in this folder:

..\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11\Web Content\Enterprise11\InfoView

2. Modify the file as follows:

i. In the <WebDesktopSettings> section, add the following lines above <!-- Default Authentication progID (secEnterprise, secLDAP, secWindowsNT, secWinAD) -->:

<add key="cmsDefault" value="CMSMachineName" />
<add key="ssoEnabled" value="true" />
<add key="authenticationDefault" value="secXXXXXXX" />

ii. In the <system.web> section, find the authentication section and add the following line right before the <authentication mode="Windows" /> line:

<identity impersonate="true" />

Known limitations: SSO is not supported when used with the Central Management Console (CMC). Instead, use third party tool such as SiteMinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back