Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOE 4.0 Server Printer Configuration / Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statey603

Programmer
Nov 10, 2009
US
I have a few questions concerning Printer configuration on our BOE 4.0 Server.

I have configured a few network printers via CMC - Applications - Crystal Reports Configuraion - Printer List. These printers are working fine. One of these printers is configured for 2-sided printing. We have a few reports that the user wants printed on this printer but with 1 page per sheet. I designed a report so that the printer and page setup is configured for this specific printer and 1 page per sheet via File - Print and File - Page Setup dialogs in Crystal Developer 2011. The report was saved and then uploaded to the server via CMC - Addd Local Document. My assumptions is that the embedded printer settings (in the 'rpt' file) will work when the report runs on the server if I do not specify a different printer. I tried scheduling the report with the following selections on the Print Settings screen:
------------------------------------------------------------
Print Settings
Please select a print mode in Web viewer
[ ] Always print to PDF (Preview)
[x] Follow Crystal Reports preference setting

[x] Print Crystal reports when scheduling
You can use the default printer or specify a printer:
[x] Default printer
[ ] Specify the printer
------------------------------------------------------------
The scheduled instance ran but now appears to be hung and just shows as running with the printer set to default printer. I guess my assumption that the default printer was the embedded printer is wrong.

1. Can anyone clarify how/where the server default printer gets configured?
2. Any suggestions on how to use a printer override 2-sided printing with scheduled reports?

Thanks
- Bill

Additional Info:

The report printed one page per sheet when I ran it from Crystal Developer 2011 on my PC (with the Print/Page Setup configured as described above.

On the server side, I tested a schedule instance with the printer selected from the server's Printer List, but it printed 2-sided.
[x] Print Crystal reports when scheduling
You can use the default printer or specify a printer:
[] Default printer
[x] Specify the printer
[my printer]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back