Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOD Error C0000135

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgelost

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2000
US
I have a laptop that boots to the blue memory dump screen first two lines read C0000135 unable to locate dll dynamic link library could not be found. This is a dell latitude with NT workstation the error is occuring while user is on the road without docking station. I am thinking whoever setup laptop didi not configure two hardware profiles ie docking station and w/o. User is on road till  6/30/00 and not in one place long enough to get onsite support.  ANY IDEAS?

This is straight from MS Article - Q173309<br><br>&quot;When you start Windows NT 4.0, the system stops and displays the following<br>message:<br>&nbsp;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Stop: c0000135 {Unable to Locate DLL}<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;The dynamic link library FILE_NAME could not be found in the specified<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;path Default Load Path.&quot;<br>&nbsp;<br>CAUSE<br>=====<br>&nbsp;<br>This error can occur for any of the following reasons:<br>&nbsp;<br>&nbsp;- File_name.dll is missing from the %SystemRoot%\system32 directory.<br>&nbsp;<br>&nbsp;- Your laptop is loading the Sermouse.sys file.<br>&nbsp;<br>&nbsp;- If File_Name.dll exists, the software hive may be corrupted and, therefore,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;cannot load.&quot;<br><br>Since you indicated it was a laptop, I would pay attention to item #2.<br><br>here is the link to the article::<br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> <p>Doug<br><a href=mailto:dxd_2000@yahoo.com>dxd_2000@yahoo.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back