Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOC EQUIPMENT.Modify Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVer

Programmer
Oct 18, 2002
GB
Hi,

Have recently started using BOC in VB to extract / populate data in MIMS.

Until today, all has gone smoothly, but I now have a problem with the EQUIPMENT.Modify Class / Operation.

We're trying to update values for PlantCode0 to PlantCode5 in MSF600.

I've ran it through the front-end and checked the debugger and noticed that EQUIPMENT.ValidatePlantStruct is run before the EQUIPMENT.Modify. I've recreated this in my code but although the code does not return any errors, the SPN Segment values are refusing to update. Other values within MSQ600 (eq Equipment Description) are however updating without any problems

I'm guessing the problem is down to the way in which I'm structuring the requests. So far I've tried the following:

1 Sending the Validation and Modify as separate requests within one block.

2 Sending the Validation as one block, waiting for the Reply and then sending the Modify request for the same piece of equipment in a new block.

I'm guessing that there is some sort of flag returned from the Validation request that then needs to be added to the Modify request, but can't find any reference to what this might be.

Any ideas, suggestions or pointers as to how I should approach this would be gratefully received.

Cheers,

Jon

Hi Jon,

It would help if you post the code for option 2.

Cheers,
Mark.

Mark,

Sorted it in the end - the problem was that the Plant Number was being updated by changing the PlantCode segments. My .MODIFY request was still using the original Plant Number, so was failing.

Altered the code to retrieve the Plant Number in the replylist of the validation request, and send this as part of the modify request. Seems to work fine.

Cheers,

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back