Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO XI rel2 InfoView refreshing Data Providers problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHopkinson

Technical User
Mar 21, 2007
hello.

We've recently gone LIVE with BO XI rel2 from 6.5.1 and we have a problem with refreshing reports in INfoView - as in, we can't!

We are able to refresh a report using a Universe from the Repository in BO XI client no problem, yet try to refresh the same report through InfoView and you get "a connection required to refresh this document is unavailable. (DA0004)(Error: INF )."

Does anyone have experience of this?

Nb. We've have yet to refresh any of them so it must be some sort of Universe problem. I've found one posting that suggested removing all traces of offending Universe from Web-I Server, restart it, import Universe back, open report and refresh it. I'll give it a go but O dont know how to 'remove/delete a universe' - how do you do this?

Many thanks in advance,

Steven

The universe is stored as a .unv file.
For WebI I have no real experience, but I remember in case of the BCA fysically deleting the .unv caused a reimport of the universe from the repository..

Ties Blom

THis is going to be a security issue. Setting up security for the client and for WebI is not consistent.

But first, I would suggest re-exporting the universe. Then take a look at the rights you have assigned to the connections.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Thanks for the response Steve,

We agree here that its got to be a security issue, having imported and exported relevant universes and reports from users setup to have full access rights on them [and their corresponding connections] and finding annoyingly refreshing is achieved in DeskI but not in WebI.

As we're sure our client side security/authenticity is identical for DeskI and WebI logins (via LDAP), are you talking about server side security that could (must?) be where the problem lies?

thanks again,

Steven

There must be some restriction between my login ID and Universe/Reports ownership.

Ive tried refreshing InfoView reports owned and created by Administrator whilst being logged in as Administrator (Enterprise Login).

Ive also tried refreshing InfoView reports owned and created by my LDAP USerID whilst being logged in as my LDAP USerID.

The database Connections attached to the Universes are valid and consistent with what we expect to see and which get used by other Business Applications daily.

Both sets of tests fail with the same error message, The following data providers have not been successfully refreshed: <query name>. (DMA0007) (Error: INF ). For both sets of tests to fail whilst using completely different logins (and types of login!) as well as differing Database Connections, the problem must be more generic.

hhmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back