Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO XI R2 - Installation setting up IIS 5 as the web component adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

rw409168

Programmer
Jul 16, 2009
GB
Greetings,

IIS 5 is running on a windows 2003 server, I've installed BO XI R2 SP2 and select IIS with default website ONLY during the web component adapter part of the install.

Testing the installation I am unable to access central Console Management and Objects Business Intelligence platform Administration Launchpad.

Do I need to amend web.config files or alter settings in IIS manager to gain access or should the install have automatically the settings allowing me to access central Console Management and Objects Business Intelligence platform Administration Launchpad?

IIS is running, all the BO servers are enabled/running and the port number is open.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

When you go to the IIS Manager, do you see the BusinessObjects website files? Can you browse them from inside IIS?

I think I remember seeing this issue before, but it was 4-5 years ago and I don't have access to my notes from that timeframe. IIRC, it had to do with a setting in IIS at the top level folder that contains the web site files. Sorry I can't be more specific than that, but hopefully this will give you a place to start looking.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

I'm about to reinstall sometime soon (this time as administrator), will update post then with further details.

I do see the BusinessObjects website files though, on a comparison though not as many as per on the stable Crystal reports install.

Once I install it again, going to compare IIS settings and post an update.

I didn't need to re-install my user account had inherited administrator privilleges.

Under the Web Site > Default website I have the virtual directories "crystalreportviewers115" and "businessobjects" with what looks to be the folders required for default website "AdminScripts" and "
I amended the Web Site details updatng the IP address to that of the server and the port number. Also set local path to be C:\Inetpub.

I'm struggling as new to both IIS and Crystal reports Server Admin.

I assume the default page doesnt matter regarding connectivity as its the two virtual dirs that detail crystal reports web pages?

Can anyone offer any more assistance?

Ok now the IIS logs shows a 404 2 1260 error:

404.2-Lockdown Policy Prevents This Request
If a request is denied because the associated ISAPI or CGI has not been unlocked, a 404.2 error is returned. When substatus logging is enabled, if you look at this request in the IIS logs, you will see an entry similar to the following:

2002-11-25 05:46:15 127.0.0.1 GET /default.asp - 80 - 127.0.0.1 - 404 2 1260
If IIS logging is not configured to log the substatus code, you can check the Win32 error to verify this condition. When a 404.2 error occurs, IIS logs the Win32 error 1260, which is an ERROR_ACCESS_DISABLED_BY_POLICY error.

Issue resolved it was a web extentsion that needed enabling.

Hi there,

We are seeing a similar issue after installing on IIS6 (on W2K3 64-bit OS). Could you please specify what web extension you had to enable?

Much obliged.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back