Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO XI R2 - Creating Users with WiN NT authorisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rw409168

Programmer
Jul 16, 2009
GB
Greetings,

After successfully installing Crystal reports as part of a migration and ensuring reports can be run and scheduled on a WIndows 2003 Server,I'm experiencing when adding new users with Windows NT authorisation.

I've checked the server to ensure the NT domain and groups exist on the new server (which they do) and copied the settings in Central management console Authentication from the working crystal reports server to the new install.

When I add user with NT authentication the error message
Creation of the user USRXXX cannot complete because the user is not a member in any of the mapped groups.

However I can't add them to groups as they are valid users, so it appears to be a catch 22 situation.

I'm new to much of the administration side, can anyone advise what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks
Rob

A typo in the post above:
However I can't add them to groups as they AREN'T valid users, so it appears to be a catch 22 situation.

I can add user with Enterprise authentication without problems.
I've examined the windows 2003 server domain accoutns and groups and cannot see any obvious problems.

Are you saying that you can add NT groups to BOE but can't add individual NT users?

Afer some internet research I believe this issue is due to I wrongly installed Apache tomcat as the web component rather than IIS.

This is why CCM has NT Authorisation but Infoview does not, as it needs to be configured.

I have a fully running installation using IIS, to keep my new installation in line (Same BO XIR2 SP2) would it be possible to copy the IIS files over, making amendments to server name etc.., where needed?

I don't recall what your options are in R2 doing a repair install, but you might be able to select IIS as the web application server and install the appropriate files that way.

In 3.x there is a separate web tier install option, which is nice. I would also point out that 3.x is almost entirely Java based, and support for R2 either just sunsetted or is about to. You may want to consider making the move to a Java server now in order to make your 3.1 migration easier when the time comes.

Thanks for your input, i'm not at work now but I don't think it was an option when doing a repair install.

It's a company thing everything else use's IIS so Crystal reports must too.

I've taken over making small changes to the existing reports, the company won't be upgrading anytime soon (if anything they seem to favour SQL report Services for the future).

I was hoping I could simply copy files from the other BO install that uses IIS and make tweaks here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back