Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO XI Premium License

Status
Not open for further replies.

fwatanabe

Programmer
Jan 16, 2002
CA
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has information on the BO XI Premium License? The last place I worked at got copies of Xcelsius as part of this 'premium' license and the current place I work at does not. I'm wondering if there are different versions of the premium license?

Does anyone else out there have premium, and was Xcelsius included?

I find it extremely difficult to get a straight answer from BO about their licensing deals.

Thanks,
Amy

I find it extremely difficult to get a straight answer from BO about their licensing deals."

That's because there is no straight answer to be had...the deal is not what's on the rate-card, it's what you can negotiate with your BOBJ sales rep.

We have the Business Objects Enterprise XI (R2) - PREMIUM licenses for eight (8) processors. This allows us to host an unlimited number of concurrent users - and give them access to Crystal Reports and Web Intelligence content.

However, if we want to add Xcelcius to our environment - according to the rate card it's going to cost us another $50K us per processor x eight (8) processors = $400K.

That price will probably plummet to $100 - $150 K as the sales team gets closer to BOBJ's end of fiscal in December.

Your previous employer, probably got Xcelcius "thrown in" in order to close a deal when the sales team were under a quarter/annual deadline.

Hav you checked out the "new" mid-market product called Business Objects Crystal Decisions or BI Server depending on which market around the world you are in.

BOCD or BI Server is licensed by Concurrent Licensing AND includes the ability to PUBLISH and VIEW Xcelsius models.

It does NOT include an Xcelsius Designer licenses, which must be purchased separately. But, buy one license of Xcelsius designer and you can publish Xcelsius models to BOCD or BI Server and allow up to 20 CALS and 20 NULS view them realtime.

In "standard" situations (i.e., special deals have not been made...) Excelcius viewing comes with the Premium license. However, the Excelcius designer does not. The last time I checked, the list price on Excelcius developer is $1500.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Our BOE-XI (PREMIUM) license is apparently the regular off-the-shelf version.

We were told the by the Business Objects sales team in Februaty tha- Premium license only covers Crystal Report, WebI, DeskI, and OLAPI content-hosting.

Xcelcius content-hosting was an additional another $50K us per processor, plus the designer licenses.

If that policy has changed, can anyone point me to a BOBJ site or document that clearly states that Xcelcius content-hosting is included with the BOE-XI (PREMIUM) license...?

Thanks!

MJRBIM,

BOE XI R2 Premium currently does NOT include Xcelsius viewers and designer licenses. They must be purchased in addition to the CPU or NUL licenses for BOE XI R2.

This is what makes the mid market BOCD or BI Server offering such value. Whilst you still need to purchase an Xcelsius designer license to build Xcelsius models, you can publish and view Xcelsius models in BOCD or BI Server with the same CAL or NUL licenses purchased with BOCD or BI Server.

In "standard" situations (i.e., special deals have not been made...) Excelcius viewing comes with the Premium license. However, the Excelcius designer does not. The last time I checked, the list price on Excelcius developer is $1500."

I thought this was also the case. I don't understand how it can cost $50k per processor to add .swf files to Infoview. Are you sure that's not a license to have Designer available to all end users?

It's what they charge for the Xcelcius hosting on BOE-XI (PREMIUM), don't try to make sense of it....

You need to ask for a quote from your BOBJ Sales Person - and see what number they come-up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back