Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO XI Architecture for Extranet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixsuresh

Technical User
Dec 27, 2006
BE

Our extranet set up is as follows:-
Web server Tomcat + Oracle Application Server(OAS) 10g on the DMZ running on Linux with LDAP authentication.

My requirement is as follows for BO XIR2:-

1) To install only the Web component Adapter(WCA) on the OAS.

2)
a) To install BO XI Infoview and the other BO XI services running on the LAN so that the extranet users can access Infoview via OAS.
b) How does communication happen between BO XI Infoview installed on the LAN and the Oracle Application Server installed in the DMZ (via web services etc..) and how are the parameters passed between them.

3) Will I have the full capabilities/features of Infoview for the extranet users?

4) How is the authentication in CMS happening in this case?

The reason is that the extranet takes source of information from many other internal sources one of them will be from BO XI(installed in a DWH environment) .
Thanks in advance for your reply.

Thanks a lot for this document. It answers many of my doubts except for a couple of them.

3) Will the extranet user be able to use Infoview's full capabilities (save as, print etc..) because everytime the user action has to be transmitted to the Infoview server on the LAN.

4) About authentication by CMS using the extranet user id. What is the flow when I send a url request to RAS from the Web application server(WCA/SDK installed in OAS in my case) ?
Basically how the extranet user id from LDAP is synchronised(if it is a new user) and authenticated? Do I have to write lot of customized code for this or is it done automatically by CMS and so on...

Thanks in advance for your reply.

I only use the Extranet for custom .NET applications that use ENTERPRISE accounts.

Can't answer either of your other questions - but I would expect you to have an LDAP problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back