Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO XI 3.1 Webi SP5 users can't access folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirgss

Technical User
Dec 13, 2011
US
Hi:

We are having an issue where the users of one of our agencies (we support multiple agencies) cannot access a folder on a shared network drive through Web Intelligence Rich Client for saving or opening files.

Our users can access the folder through other applications, including Windows Explorer. However, when trying to navigate to the folder through Webi, they double-click on the folder and nothing happens - Webi acts like they never clicked on the folder at all.

SAP suggested this was a folder permission issue (the users do not have permission to write to the root s:\ drive, but have permissions for specific folders within their s:\ drive). However, this is something that is common throughout our organization, and this is the only agency experiencing the problem. For instance, I do not have permission to write to my s:\ drive, but I have no problem navigating through the folder hierarchy through Webi.

While we were on the phone with SAP, the representative had us walk our user through copy/pasting the file location into the the file name box, and the user was able to access the specified drive/folder. In addition, I had another user from the same agency tell me that he made a shortcut to the folder on his desktop, and he is able to save files to and open files from the shortcut.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back