Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO XI 3.1 sp3 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regelos

Programmer
Nov 16, 2005
US
I've recently taken over a installation of BOE 3.1

Most reports seem to run but some crystal reports refuse to run at all and timeout(Timeout. [RCIRAS0244] ) or if I schedule them they will proccess indefenatly until I reset the sever(and then it will finish proccessing almost instantly but then wont work again unless its schedualed before a reboot).

The report I'm working on now is connected to a universe works fine in Crystal reports client on both my machine and the BOE server itself.

I even have paramters that are a string (with no listbox) and if I click on them in infoview or cmc nothing happens.

Any ideas on this would be helpful.

Do you know whether any of the service packs have been installed? If not, you'll need to look into doing that - there are 4 or 5 SP's available, including numerous fixes which might help.

For the parameters when scheduling the report, are you clicking on the Edit link next to each specific param to edit it? If not, try that and be sure to click on the OK button that is under the parameter to save it prior to scheduling. If you're running it interactively, installing SP's may help.

For the other reports that don't work, I would open some of them in Crystal, go to the Database menu and select "Verify Database", and then try to run the report in Crystal. I suspect there may have been changes to the universe and, unlike Webi, Crystal is not always very good about how it picks up these changes.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back