Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO XI 3.1 on 2 Unix Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi900

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2010
AU
hi,

I am trying to install BOE on 2 Unix containers using ORacle 11.2.0.

I have successfully installed over the 1st container with default port to 6400.

Now,
while installing on the 2nd box, it is not letting me install saying that i need to make sure CMS is up and running ? and then after re doing it all over again

error came in as :-
Segmentation Fault - core dumped
Thank you for using Business Objects product.

what can be done and if i am able to enter the installation process what ports nos. do i use?
i will have to use all different ports for where ever its mentioned right ? even for CMS port no. / HTTP port no/ etc etc / etc / etc...?

please advise.

Assuming that you're trying to install a CMS cluster for one environment instead of servers for two separate environments....

If you're installing on a second box, you should be able to install using all of the same ports as the first box. The fact that they're on different physical servers makes this possible. You need to be sure that you're connecting to the CMS that you installed on the first server in order for the second server to install and come up correctly.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

thanks for the message hilfy..
but how do i make sure that my CMS is up and running for the 1st box. SO that my 2nd box installation goes ahead ?

Cause that was one of the other messages i got, Make sure your CMS is up and running and you are connected to it.

1st box default port settings was CMS:6400

hilfy,
during the installation of BOE i am facing an error as :
One or more ports you have choosen is in Use.

I get this when i enter the information for new CMS screen during setup.

I want this 2nd box to be on CMS port 6400 so that it will be able to communicate with the first box.

so why does it not let me choose the default port ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back