Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO with XP SR1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sftrf

IS-IT--Management
Nov 4, 2002
FR
We were using BO v5 with XP first edition, and it worked fine, then we migrate to XP SR1, and ...
Nothing works any more !
Can anyone help ?
Thanks in advance
Lionel

can you elaborate on what you meaning not working the application is not launching ?

When I try to connect, using my user name and password, I got a message in french 'Impossible d'accéder à la couche réseau (USR 0046)' which mean unable to reach the network layer.
Thank you for your help

Yes, BO has been reinstalled, with no effect.

I tried to run the .EXE in W2000 compatibility mode, with no effect. Then i tried to run it using the local "administrator" user, It works. I granted administrator rights to the user, with no effect !
So it works fine in local admin, but it doesn't work with any user, even with admin rights. And I don't want my users to be logged as local admin !

The problem is not with either BO or with the XP installation. the problem is with your lsi or ssi file. So since you have re installed BO. first check where is your BOmain.ky and bomain.lsi files are. For local setup it should be in LocData folder of ur BO installation. next check where ur BO repository exist. If it is on Oracle database , check whether u have oracle client installed and it is properly configured to connect to ur repository.

Both bomain files are in the LocData folder. Using SQLPlus, I can connect to the BO repository without any problem.
Thanks for further help

I found the solution by reinstalling the Data Access of BO, then suppressing the compatibility mode on the .EXE
Now Everything works fine.
Thank you for your help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back