Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO SQL Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

12silky

Programmer
Jun 5, 2007
US
Hi ,

I am new to this forum & looking for inputs to my issue.

There is a BO Webi report having 800+ lines sql at the backend with single dataprovide having poor performance . Team is working on the db front to see if we can go for some partitioning to improve the performance. However i wanted to know if we split single query into multiple data providers whether we can expect better performance as we will be running queries parallely to get results.

Quick response will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Silky

A lot of this depends on the universe that is being used for the data providers. If it has a lot of Derived Tables that are being used in the query, that will definitely slow things down. So, you might get better performance by splitting it into multiple data providers, or you might be able to tune the SQL for the derived tables in the universe to be more efficient. Another option would be to see whether the derived tables can be replaced by regular tables, which will lead to more efficient SQL generation in the report.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back