Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO Performance and concurrent users

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillCollum

IS-IT--Management
Mar 19, 2003
US
Can anyone give a ball park idea about how many users some given machine may support? Or just how many concurrent users you support on your hardware and the type of hardware you run it on.

I'm trying to gather some sizing information for a possible installation.

Thanks in advance...

Will

250 users on a Sun 4000 8 250 Mhz UltraSPARC IIs 4.25 gig RAM 22 9 gig drives from 1997
BO users are just SQL users I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

It very much depends on what product you intend on using. If the majority of your users are only going to be looking at the reports and you are on a WAN then some HTML based is going to be better. To be honest with the future developments that BOj are looking at doing you should probably think about going along the WEBI route anyway. If you are only going to have a small development team that are going to be producing reports for printing etc, then full client on any pc(nothing smaller than a PII 350) I would recommend at least a PIII 500 as you get very bored waiting for BOj to recalculate how your report should look.

Give us some more details about the sort of implementation you are planning on and then you should get some better answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back