Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO grouping question

Status
Not open for further replies.

boboleft

MIS
Apr 11, 2007
US
I have a BO report created and the body of detail is pulling from a transaction history table and I was able to use crosstab to break out the total outstanding balance by month. However, the current report is at the customer level. I need to change the report to the account level, but when I added the account# on the report, the total outstanding doubled. I think it is because 1 account# can have multiple customer # tied to it and the data is coming from transaction history table. I am not sure what is the best way to correct this. Does anybody know??

Thanks

Current output( monthly total outstanding is displayed on crosstab)

Acct# Cust# Jan o/s feb o/s
555 555 200 300
555 525 200 300

Expected output

Acct# Cust# Jan o/s feb o/s
555 555 100 150
555 525 100 150

I think that it is the other way around and a customer is related to multiple accounts (hence the doubling)
Perhaps you can add a filter that selects just the active accounts (like where an enddate is not defined, or a status) and bring back cardinality back to 1:1 for account vs customer.

Ties Blom

Or you could take customer off the report if it is no longer needed.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back