Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO Error trapping in VBA 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MedInfoMan

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2002
US
I use VBA to change a parameter in the SQL as needed for 34 different instances, rerunning the report and saving the results each time. If there is no data to fetch during one of the iterations, a msgbox comes up informing me of that, but the program is haldted until I click on the box.

Is there a way to error trap for these BO errors? They don't seem to be detected by the normal VBA errorhandler.

Much appreciate your help, een if it is to tell me "no can do".

Thanks

As added clarification, I'm looking to be able to identify what the error once it is trapped. I also get the occassional message on "SQL Sentence or connection problem". So, on some errors, I wish to be able to continue processing, and on others to brek out of the loop, clean up and halt processing.

Thanks, but is there a way to actually trap and identify the specific BO error so I can conditionally handle the specific error that is encountered? I can do this with VBA identifiable errors (such as divide by zero), but BO specific errors just return an error code of 0 with no description using the techniques I'm familiar with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back