Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO certification

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosavvy

Technical User
Dec 16, 2003
IN
Can anybody throw light on BO certification(s)?

I can probably make light of them... ;-)

I did a v4 Implementation Path course many years ago - a the time that was the full (BO sanctioned) training scheme and was largely not worth the paper it was printed on - from a development perspective.

Resonably solid grounding in basic user report building techniques, if you have a simple Data Mart with a logical design... and you don't want to build complicated reports.

The Designer & Supervisor training was a bit of a joke. The examples used on the course were far too simplified and didn't really hold up against real world examples.

That said, I understand BO have now extended the courses and cover things in more depth... anyone been on one more recently?

G.

Actually, in Europe there is a certification process for consultants and trainers. You take a series of courses and test and you can then say your are certified.

Steve Krandel
Westbay Solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back