Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BMS OUTLINE feature is not working !

Status
Not open for further replies.

ut02qt

IS-IT--Management
Feb 18, 2003
FR
Hi ,

The idea is while displaying a map , some fields should
be outlined under it.(ie a box containing only outline under the fields)

Definitions seem to be OK on our side but when sending the map , nothing appears .We are using 3270 terminals type 2.

Has anybody a clue of what to do ?

Does it work on mainframe ? if not why to specify
this stupid option in BMS ?

Some BMS attributes (for example COLOR or OUTLINE) make use of the screen manipulation facilities (extended curses) provided by the underlying operating system the IBM CICS Client is running on. If the extended curses facility package does not support a particular attribute, it will be ignored.

I believe the underline options etc only work under the SDA interface. I also believe the SDA interface isn't available on the mainframe, it is only available on OPEN systems.

I think the reason it is specified it that there is much more than the mainframe uses BMS in the CICS world, os if your client was on NT or UNIX it would work.

Cheers
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back