Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BMS newbie question

Status
Not open for further replies.

digiteltlc

Technical User
Apr 19, 2005
IT
It could seem a hard and shameful question (and perhaps it is...)

I've found a never used genuine BusinessPhone management Suite 3.1 CD and a tsr9020448/1 cable (together with a never installed ericcson BP pbx bought years ago)

I need to learn to use it FROM SCRATCH to manage a inherited customer with old BP250

Is there anyone can help me at least in understand the philosopy of this suite ?? (connections , settings , create or load a new customer, Management server etc. etc.)

Any help is very appreciated

Well, for start, BMS is almost useless without license having BMS install disk is not enough.
For start, create new system, click on system loaded on left side (next to the red dot). In settings, adjust if necessary how you connecting to the system (serial - via serial port, and option direct - via cable or remote - via 56k modem (dial up))), IPU (via lan, if you hace IPU installed in BP), SIPU (via LAN, if SIPU card is installed BP). Other parameters are self explanatory...If connecting via cable, connect to the CPU (3 bottom ports on the card) and to PC via r=serial port (or USB -> RS 232 adaptor).
Click again on system name on left side and select connect...Sucessful?
BR

It seems to work !

Just few questions:

What about licensing ? Is it a PBX license or a BMS software license or are they both related ?

On "connection parameters" of created system, dect section , what is "distributor password" ?

Thanks

Licensing is related with BMS - unfortunately not available for purchase anymore...If you don't have DECT system installed in your BP (ICCU or ICCU2 card) - don't worry about this (require second COM connection to BP or connection switching between system and DECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back