Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BM12 won't come online 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

safenestvmem

Technical User
Nov 16, 2019
US
I started using 9508 handsets and I installed one with a bm-12 module following the directions for the poe injector module and the wiring but the handset only comes online. I have always been able to get the 54xx series handsets working okay with the EU24 modules with no problems.

I've tried different power supply injectors from Avaya and neither one of them work. I tried several different handsets and several different bm-12s different wiring and different modules I must be overlooking something. Has anyone got a suggestion? Thank you

You have the cable plugged into the MOD port on the phone, and the phone port on the BM12? Most people put it MOD port to MOD port which is not correct.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Well let me double double check I have accidentally plugged cables into the wrong place in the past I'm almost sure that I did but let me take a look when I get back to the office and verify

well of all things that turned out to be the handset itself. I swapped the 9508 with another 9508 and everything came online just fine. I guess the port in the back of the 9508 must be bad . Guess that was a good lesson to remember to check in the future. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back